4.11.23

The witch's hat

Noidan hattu - Witch's hat

Thank you for your guesses, Drora and Jodi! The witch's hat is made of an aluminum lid, typically found on plastic yoghurt pots. I didn't invent this but saw a tip about it in our Dollhouse magazine. At first, I just couldn't believe it so, I had to give it a try. To my surprise, it worked very well!

The hat needed several coats of acrylic paint before it was truly black but otherwise, all you need to do is cut half a circle out of the lid and glue it into a conical shape. The excess at the lower end is bent into a brim. Then paint it and decorate with whatever you like.

2 comments:

Jodi Hippler said...

Wow! That is incredible! I never would have thought to use a yogurt foil but now my mind is filling with things to try them with. Thanks Millimari! The witch's hat is wonderful!

Drora's minimundo said...

I'd never guess it was aluminum. Mistakenly I thought you referred to the shelf. I used aluminum foil before but never for a hat. Usually its covered with tape and easier to paint.
Hugs, Drora