10.6.23

Minipuutarha-aihio - Miniature garden mockup

Our front yard has very little direct sunlight - it's mostly in the shade. I've got two flower pots located on both sides of our entrance and this year I decided to build at least one miniature garden in one of the pots instead of planting flowers.

First I needed a bowl, about 25 cm in diameter, and found one in the free-of-charge section in a nearby recycling center. 

Then I headed to the craft shop and bought 1.5 kg of concrete. 













The concrete was mixed with water and poured into the bowl to dry.














The whole undertaking is very much at a starting point. I was planning to build a seaside scene with sand (I have plenty of it!) with a lighthouse at the back. This is how far I got - just the concrete in the bowl and setting up some furniture to figure how it would look. Hmm. The chair and the table take up way too much space and the scene needs a lot more greenery. More work needed! (As if I hadn't enough to do with my hotel!)



3 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

Is it a 1/12" scale? It has a lot of possibilities.
Hugs, Drora

Jodi Hippler said...

What a fun idea! You will inspire many people with it! Have fun in spite of all the work!

Millimari said...

Thank you for your comments.
Drora, yes it is 1/12 scale. You'll soon see how it turned out.