28.5.22

Käsityökauppa: Kangas ja kerä - Craft shop: Fabric & Fibers

Kangas ja kerä

Well, I finally got my act together and finished the "quick-in-between-job" roombox. I figured out what was wrong: too little fabric. Once I got that right, everything else fell into the right place in only a couple of days.

The fabric shop I go to usually has some mannequins with the newest fabric wrapped around them to show how a piece of garment would look like. Instead of mannequins, I placed some clothes on the wall. Also, the shop sells a limited selection of knitting yarns, just like the one I go to.

There are just two roomboxes that I was longing to make out of the altogether 40 that I've done: the Hat Shop and this craft shop. Yet, it took me ages to finish both of them and they didn't turn out quite the way I imagined. It seems that thorough planning is not my thing!


Kangas ja kerä lankoja ja kankaita

Kangas ja kerä nauhoja

2 comments:

Jodi Hippler said...

It came together wonderfully! I love the way you made the yarn display - such a beautiful visual display! And I love the fabrics! They are displayed so nicely, too, that I had picked out my quilting fabrics in a matter of seconds! Great work! It looks like you really enjoyed the project and I am excited to see what will be interesting to you next!

Drora's minimundo said...

I love this shop. The salesgirl is outfitted with the most beautiful knitted top. The wool shelves unit is stunning and everything else is perfectly in style. You were right to fill it with more fabrics. It looks colorful, neat, and inviting.
Hugs,
Drora